HELLO HIS, A BRANCH OF HELLO FASHION BLOG, SERVES AS AN ULTIMATE LIFESTYLE RESOURCE FOR MEN (AND YOU BEHIND-THE-SCENES WOMEN STYLISTS). HELLO HIS SHOWCASES A MAN’S STYLE AS A WAY TO COMPLEMENT AND ENHANCE ANY MOMENT LIFE THROWS HIS WAY. CODY, THE MAN BEHIND HELLO HIS AND A FREQUENT GUEST ON HELLO FASHION, DRESSES THE WAY HE LIVES – IN THE MOMENT. HIS LAID-BACK, FUNCTIONAL, AND SHARP AESTHETIC BLENDS CURRENT TRENDS WITH AN INTERNATIONAL INFLUENCE. CODY’S STYLE REFLECTS BOTH HIS MOTTO TO NEVER TAKE LIFE TOO SERIOUSLY AND HIS SPONTANEOUS, ADVENTUROUS LIFESTYLE WITH HIS WIFE AND THREE KIDS.
Looking for style inspiration for the rest of the family?
The only difference between basic and boring style is detail. To keep your look feeling fresh, focus on a few simple details that add to your look without overwhelming it. A subtle two-tone chambray like this one is a cut above a standard chambray and brings a cool pattern into the mix with the cuff detail. Another classic throwback way to turn up your look is as simple as colored laces. The yellow laces on these grey sneakers balance out the rest of the neutral tones.
If you haven’t already, be sure to enter the Father’s Day Giveaway for a chance to win over $700 in prizes to give to someone this Father’s Day. Prizes include a $500 American Express gift card , $200 Old Navy gift card, and a few of my favorite men’s pieces from the shop. Entry details here if you missed it.
Being a father has not only been rewarding but I can honestly say it is also one of the best things that has happened to me. It’s like having 3 new best friends with me all the time.
MARA: Mara is always my go-to girl. Whenever there is any joking going around in the family, to her my jokes are always the funniest. She always has my back, and not just when it comes to a laugh I can depend on for all my jokes. My protective fatherly instincts kick in a lot with Mara. I’m probably a bit more protective of her since she is my only baby girl.
WES: I read the other day that the average kid asks 144 questions a day.Wes is my boy who raises the bar on that statistic. He’s my little man who loves all the same things I do. He’s always excited to go dirt biking, look at cool cars, and play sports.
BECKAM: Every time I come home from work I can count on Beckam (B) to come running with his hands in the air for a hug. 97% of the time these days Beckam is giggly and smiling and the other 3% he is yelling for his blanket or the treat you have in your hand. He’s at that stage where as a parent you think everything he does needs to be recorded to document and share how cute it is.
In honor of the day of the dads coming up this weekend, I am hosting a special Father’s Day giveaway. The winner will receive a $500 American Express gift card, a $200 gift card to Old Navy, a Padre sweatshirt and one of my favorite henleys which is coming soon to ILY Couture. Follow the instructions below to enter for a chance to win this great prize package for either a father or husband in your life. The contest ends Thursday June 18th at 5 . Good luck.
The greatest thing I have learned about being a dad is the importance of quality time with your family. As the kids have come along, it’s funny how my perception of a ‘fun’ activity has evolved. Now most of my favorite activities boil down to something my kids love to do with me. Here are a few of our easy summer family favorites.
1. Pool time: My kids love anything water-related but swimming is their favorite. It’s cool to watch how creative they get inventing new games to play in the pool and watching them get so excited over a floaty. My wife just found these matching swimsuits from Vilebrequin that come in both men’s and kid’s sizes so they are a cool option for the dads and brothers of the family. Wes just hit the stage where he recognizes and gets excited about having some of the same stuff so Wes loved it. I’m also loving the pineapple print on this pair.
2. BBQ with dad: Backyard BBQs are always a hit at our house. The kids always get excited to pick out food for the BBQ and inviting a few of the kids’ friends over for a casual evening is surprisingly just as entertaining for the kids as it is for adults. I really liked this lightweight shirt to stay cool while I was grilling.
3. Amusement parks: A kid’s first time on a roller coaster is an unforgettable memory and as a dad, I can’t wait to be part of it. It’s a great opportunity for that bonding moment during the thrill of a first-time experience.
4. Backyard camping: Now that we have a little more yard, we are excited to take advantage of the outdoor spare more ofter. The best part about backyard camping is it doesn’t have to be anything extravagant – even something as simple as pitching a tent in the backyard for the night will lead to a fun make-shift camping experience.
5. Sporting events: Get them while they’re young. I love taking my kids to sporting events, even high school or other non-professional games, to give them a taste of the atmosphere. Cheering for your favorite teams is all the more exciting when your kids are cheering right along with (or against) you.
6. Escape the heat: For those days when it’s too hot to be outdoors, there’s nothing better than hanging out in A/C. Pop in a movie and grab your favorite treat (popcorn, if the kids leave it up to me) for a home-made movie date.