My bucket list has been a work in progress but this year I am finally buckling down and not only adding to my list but also getting serious about starting to cross things off it. What inspired me to come back to my bucket list were the lyrics to I Lived by One Republic. As with any goal, writing it down increases your odds of accomplishing something drastically. Enter, the bucket list. Here are a few basic points for starting yours.
1. Perspective is everything when it comes to your bucket list. Go somewhere that inspires you, whether it be a small coffee shop or somewhere with a spectacular view.
2. Add categories to help you structure your bucket list. Keep it simple – start out by adding 5 things under each category.
- A. Places to see – If you started now, you still wouldn’t have time to see everything the world has to offer but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try. Research a few places that have piqued your interest and add a few to the list to get your imagination roaming.
- B. Never in a million years – This is where it gets good. Add the craziest things you can think of. Let your mind run wild. As soon as you add it to your list, it instantly switches from a dream to a goal and you are that much closer to achieving it.
- C. Give back – No matter what you cross off your bucket list, if you accomplish nothing that benefits anyone but yourself then your bucket list is meaningless after you are gone. Come up with a few ways to give back and make a difference in the world
3. Keep it simple by starting with as few as 5 ideas under each category. You have to start somewhere.
4. Set a time frame for each. The more specific, the more realistic it is that you will cross if off your bucket list.
Thanks for stopping by.
| CODY |